The good things;
- we enjoyed the castle stays- especially Thornbury, but why wouldn't we they were first class
- we enjoyed Stratford-upon-Avon -- and Warwick Castle
- we enjoyed the little village of Arundel, the castle was closed but the village was wonderful
- we especially liked Stonehenge, it was a lifelong dream
- Bath was very interesting - we love the architecture
- we enjoyed the motorcycle rally we happened onto in Brighton
- I think our favourite hotel in the countryside was at Salisbury.
London - just a dream to see all the sites we did see, Wellington Bridge, Tower of Big Ben, Parliament, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, millennium bridge, Trafalgar Square, St. Pauls, Baker St. (especially 221b)
Paris - Loved all the sites here we saw too, Notre Dam, Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Seine, the architecture, the shopping and little neighbourhoods.
the Bad Things
- the driving in England- especially the round abouts so we missed a lot of the side trips we had planned.
- the things we missed seeing
- unable to get Nancy into the castles
Nancy had fun ordering our food in french whenever possible, we did have problems getting more butter, whenever we asked for la buerre we got quizzical looks and one time at breakfast we got two croissants and when we asked for more butter, we got 2 more croissants!!
We also have noticed that we have been saying "Merci" a lot since we got home-- soon everything will be back to normal!!